EFFECTIVE DATE: 25/06/2021
1.2 Please make sure you read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your personal data and how we will treat it. The policy applies to personal information about you collected when you visit or use our Website/ Mobile App (collectively “platform”) to purchase items, goods or products or any other services (“Service”) made available to you through the platform
1.3 Any use of the terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization is taken as interchangeable and therefore referring to the same.
1.4 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the data controller is Wall Mounts UK.
1.5 If you do not agree to the Policy, then you may not access the Site or use any of the Services.
2.0 Contact Us
2.1 In case of any concerns or questions about your Privacy or our Privacy practices, please do contact Wall Mounts UK and we will do our best to assist you. You can reach Wall Mounts UK at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07709596346.
3.0 OUR OBLIGATION
3.1 Wall Mounts UK will:
- NOT sell, rent, or lease your personal information
- NOT keep you on our mailing lists if you have requested to be removed
- NOT share your information with any trading partners unless you have requested information, products, or services that can be best handled by another company
3.2 Wall Mounts UK will:
4.0 Children Policy
4.1 The Website is designed for people that are 13 years of age and older. Wall Mounts UK will not knowingly collect information of any kind from anyone under the age of 13. If Wall Mounts UK becomes aware of a visitor under the age of 13 providing information on our platform, Wall Mounts UK will terminate any accounts associated with that visitor and purge our databases of all information provided by that visitor.
5.0 INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
5.1 While you use our platform, Wall Mounts UK may:
- ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to identify you such as name, address, or email address. Wall Mounts UK collects personally identifiable information from site visitors in the following instances:
- When you place an order on our website, we require you to provide your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and credit card information.
- At the time of ordering, you may also choose to register by creating a user name and password.
- By registering, you create a user profile which allows us to customize your experience on the website, as well as provide a faster method for you to submit a request for information to https://wall-mounts.co.uk and receive back either the information or products desired.
- When you voluntarily provide Wall Mounts UK with your information via a web form on our Website or Mobile App, or while corresponding with us via email.
- It is not necessary to provide any personally identifiable information in order to browse our website.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that a website sends to a visitor’s computer and which is then stored on the visitor’s hard drive.
- A Web beacon is an electronic image, also known as a clear GIF or a single-pixel (1×1). Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on a visitor’s computer, such as a visitor’s cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. You may render some Web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
- A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. Every time a visitor requests a file or web page an entry is made into our server logs. These files include the HTML files and their imbedded graphic images and any other associated files that are transmitted to website visitors. Log files can be analyzed and summarized by another program.
- Although Wall Mounts UKuses web server logs, web beacons, and cookies on this website, Wall Mounts UK does not know who any visitor is unless that person specifically tells us.
6.0 How We Use Your Personal Information
6.1 Wall Mounts UK uses the:
6.1.1 Personal information we collect to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil your requests in performing our contract with you, or based on consent where we have requested it or where required by law, and for our legitimate business objectives, including for business operations, product delivery, Marketing, Communications, Security of Service and Customer Support
6.1.3 Payment information for the purpose of accounting, billing, order fulfillment, and fraud prevention purposes
6.1.4 Sometimes we use other companies to help us with some of the functions on the Site, such as payments, deliveries, marketing etc. We give those companies access to some of your personal Data so that they can do their job.
6.1.5 Any third party getting Data from us uses it only to the extent they need to do what we have asked them to do. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Any personal Data that is processed by any third party will be processed strictly within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
6.1.6 Wall Mounts UK do not use your data for services unrelated to the fulfilment service we supply to you
7.0 PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE
7.1 Wall Mounts UK may share your personally identifiable information with trusted third party vendors for the sole purpose of facilitating your order. For example, we provide your name, shipping address, phone number, and order information to our shipping carrier. We also may provide your name, billing address, and credit card information to the credit card processor that facilitates the transaction. P3D- LAB has strict guidelines requiring all third parties to keep any shared personally identifiable information confidential.
7.2 Unless otherwise required by law, or if pertinent to a judicial or governmental investigation, or as voluntarily released by you, your personally identifiable information is not shared with other organizations or persons, other than to organizations or persons assisting us in collecting, assembling or processing this information.
7.3 Wall Mounts UK may disclose your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets for use in accordance with applicable law.
7.4 Please remember that any communication you have via our platform may reveal details about you. Also, any data you post publicly using Wall Mounts UK will be publicly available to Wall Mounts UK users and others.
7.5 Wall Mounts UK is not responsible for your use of any private personal data that you choose to make available via https://wall-mounts.co.uk and the Service, or the activities of other users or other third parties to whom you give or make available your data.
8.0 HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 WALL MOUNTS UK takes all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. The personal information Wall Mounts UK collects from you is stored and processed on our secure servers in the US. We implement appropriate technical, organizational, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. However, please understand that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable.
9.0 DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
9.1 DATA STORAGE
9.1.1 Wall Mounts UK keeps your personal information for as long as you are a Wall Mounts UK’s customer and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
9.1.2 We consider you a customer
- as long as you hold an account on the Website,
- for 2 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website, or
- during any time we are managing a customer service request from you.
9.1.3 In most circumstances this means we will not keep your personal data for more than 7 years after the end of your relationship with us.
9.2 Data Retention
9.2.1 Wall Mounts UK may retain your personal information when you use the Site for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
9.2.2 After You cease to be a user of the website, Wall Mounts UK may still keep Your personal information for up to 30 days for one of the following reasons:
- to respond to any questions or complaints from You;
- to maintain Our Application Service and records;
- to comply with laws applicable to Us.
9.2.3 Wall Mounts UK may, however, keep Your personal data for longer than 30 days if we need to fulfil our contractual obligations to You, the law requires us to maintain it for a longer period or You have not withdrawn your consent.
9.2.4 The criteria used to determine the period of storage of your personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
10.0 YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
10.1 In accordance with applicable law, you have a number of ‘Data Subject Rights’ below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you can only shop with us in our stores.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
10.2 The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask Wall Mounts UK to delete information which Wall Mounts UK may is required to have by law, or if Wall Mounts UK have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
10.3 If you have any general questions or want to exercise any of your rights please contact us at the address above.
10.4 Wall Mounts UK encourages you to get in touch if you have any concerns with how we collect or use your personal information. You do however also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, their contact details can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk
11.0 ACCESS, ACCURACY AND OPT-OUT RIGHTS
11.1 Wall Mounts UK will make every effort to provide you with access to your personally identifiable information so that you may review, update or correct that information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before enabling you to view your data and/or make corrections. If you have submitted personally identifiable information to Wall Mounts UK and would like it removed or modified, please contact us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
11.2 If you don’t want Wall Mounts UK to gather non-personal information about you and/or place cookies onto your desktop, you can generally change your cookie and other security settings on your web browser. For more information, please consult your web browser documentation. Please keep in mind that if you choose to prevent Wall Mounts UK from placing cookies onto your desktop, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website.
11.3 If you have registered on this website, your personally identifiable information relating to you and your order history are available to you. However, each time you log into your account on this website, you will be required to provide the password that you created at the time you registered. After providing your password, you can edit or delete your information at any time through the “Account info” page.
11.4 We will also provide you the opportunity to opt-out at any time of certain or all contact from Wall Mounts UK, and we will do everything we can to honor such requests. This choice will generally be offered at the bottom of our on-line or off-line communications to you. If you have any difficulty exercising your choices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may contact us above
12.0 DATA TRANSFERS
12.1 Your personal data may be transferred outside the UK. It may also be processed by companies outside the UK who work for us (or for one of our service providers). When we do this, your personal data will be subject to appropriate safeguards. If we do transfer personal data to outside of the UK, it will be protected in the same way as if it was being used in the UK. To do this we use one of the following safeguards:
- Transfer to a non-UK Country whose privacy laws ensure an appropriate level of protection for personal data;
- Put in place a contract with a third-party that means they must protect personal data to the same standards as the UK; or
- Transfer personal data to organisations that are part of specific agreements on cross-border data transfers with the UK..
13.0 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
https://wall-mounts.co.uk/ may provide links to other websites that are not operated by Wall Mounts UK. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. Wall Mounts UK strongly advise you to review the privacy terms of every site you visit. Wall Mounts UK has no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy terms or practices of any third-party sites or services.
14.0 DATA SECURITY
14.1 The security of your information is very important to us. Wall Mounts UK takes reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Service and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
14.2 Secure Socket Layers (SSLs) encrypt the information sent between your computer and our database. Our ordering system is certified by Verisign, an internet leader in security transactions. In addition, we use Internet fraud screening to protect credit card transactions
14.3 Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, it is important to note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur.
14.4 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TABTALE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR THE THEFT, ALTERATION, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE USER GENERATED CONTENT.
15.0 CREDIT CARD FRAUD WARRANTY
15.1 Wall Mounts UK guarantees that every online transaction you make will be 100% safe. This means you pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at our online store.
15.2 In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit c ard provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
15.3 If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact email@example.com.
16.0 CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
16.1 From time to time our business will change and this may involve us selling some or part of our Company. The personal Data you give Wall Mounts UK will, if it is appropriate, be transferred to any new owner but always under the terms of this Policy and they will only be allowed to use that Data for the same purposes for which you supplied it to us.
16.2 Because of the number of users of the Site we won’t contact you in advance of any transfer.
17.0 Cookies and Tracking
17.2 Do Not Track
Wall Mounts UK does not alter firstname.lastname@example.org’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
18.0 EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS AND OPTING OUT
18.1 Email communications
a) Where you opt out of receiving Our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal information provided to us during your visit to https://wall-mounts.co.uk/, during item purchase or other transactions.
b) If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails.
c) If you would no longer like to receive communication e-mail from us, you can refer to the “Opting Out”, section below to remove or modify information you have provided to Us.
d) If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
18.2 Opting Out
a) At any time, you can unsubscribe from https://wall-mounts.co.uk/ emails using the unsubscribe links contained in any email that we send to you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
19.1 Just like other websites, Wall Mounts UK also use the cookie technology in web sessions to make sure you get the most out of https://wall-mounts.co.uk and to enhance the Service Wall Mounts UK offer.
19.2 A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer, at the request of Our server.
19.4 You are always free to decline cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask Your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
19.6 If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to participate in some or all of the features offered through https://wall-mounts.co.uk.
20.0 NO GUARANTEE
20.1 While this Policy states Wall Mounts UK’s standards for protecting your personal information and we make efforts to meet them, Wall Mounts UK is not in any position to guarantee these standards. There may be factors beyond our control that may result in disclosure of data. Consequently, Wall Mounts UK disclaim any warranties or representations relating to maintenance or nondisclosure of Data.
21.1 If any provision hereof is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any competent authority in any jurisdiction, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any manner affect or render illegal, invalid or unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction or any other provision hereof in any jurisdiction.
22.0 POLICY ACCEPTANCE
22.1 You understand that you are not under any force to provide your personal information. Any personal information you provided is with your full permission, and desire to provide such personal information.
22.2 Wall Mounts UK is not under any obligation to verify the source from which the personal information about you is provided to us, and they are considered to be provided by You, except You show to Us within a period of 15 days from the date of providing Us with such information to Our contentment, that the information was provided to Us without Your free consent.
22.2 In some cases, Wall Mounts UK may notify you of changes to this Policy with a prominent notice on our Service (for example by way of a notification or pop-up), before the changes become effective and update the “effective date” at the top of this Policy.